1 - Download Windows 10 Tool to Install Windows 10 from USB
To get started in this way, you will first need to have a license to install Windows 10. Then, you can download and create Windows 10 installation media creation tool, and use the tool to install Windows 10 from USB or Windows ISO file. Download Windows 10 tool. Then, see the instructions below.
Before you download the Windows 10 tool, make sure you have:
- A fast internet connection
- Adequate data storage on a computer, USB or external drive to download tool
- A blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space or blank DVD (and DVD burner) for creating media
- As creating Windows 10 installation media will delete the content on USB or blank DVD, you’d better use a blank USB or blank DVD.
- If you are told the disc image file is too large when burning a DVD from an ISO file, you will need to use Dual Layer (DL) DVD Media.
Step 1. Download and run the tool as an administrator.
Step 2. On the "What do you want to do?" interface, select "Create installation media for another PC", and then select "Next".
Step 3. Choose the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10.
Step 4. Select media tool you want to use:
- USB flash drive - connect a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space to your computer.
- ISO file - Save an ISO file to your PC, which you can use to create a DVD. After the ISO file is downloaded, go to the location where the file is saved, can use the Windows Disk Image Burner to create an installation DVD with simple steps.
To burn Windows 10 ISO file into a DVD
- Find the location where the ISO file is saved
- Right-click the ISO file > select "Properties" > click "General" > "Change" > select "Windows Explorer" for the program you would like to use to open ISO files and select "Apply".
- Right-click the ISO file and select "Burn disc image".
If you want to install Windows 10 on a new PC directly from the ISO file without using a DVD or USB flash drive, you can make it by mounting the ISO file. This will perform an upgrade of your current operating system to Windows 10..
Once you have created the Windows 10 media tool, continuing using steps below to install Windows 10.
Step 1. Connect the USB flash drive or insert the DVD to the new PC where you want to install Windows 10.
Step 2. Restart your PC and boot your PC from USB or DVD media. If not, you need to press a key (such as F2, F12, Delete, or Esc) immediately after you turn on your PC to open the boot menu and change the boot order.
Tip: If the bootable USB drive not showing up or recognized in Windows 10, check the tutorial and find way out.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Windows 10 installation. Enter your Windows 10 license key when a pop-up appears for a product key during installation.
Step 4. After Windows 10 installation finishes, make sure you have all the necessary device drivers installed.
To check for updates now, select the Start button, go to "Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates".
Installing Windows 10 from USB Conclusion
This article provides you two common ways to install Windows 10 from USB or using Windows 10 media creation tool. It's not a quick and simple work for installing Windows 10. We recommend you follow the above instructions step-by-step for Windows 10 downloading and installing.
If there is any problem during the process, you can contact our technical support team via live chat or email: email@example.com for faster and more efficient help.
FAQs - How to Install Windows 10 from USB (Troubleshooting)
Some people are complaining that they often have doubts when upgrading Windows 10 or installing Windows 10 from USB. Let's troubleshoot them one by one.
How do I install Windows from a USB drive?
Step 1. Format the USB drive and set the Primary Partition as Active
Step 2. Download and run the Media Creation Tool on the idle PC (connected to the internet).
Step 3. Create a Windows installation media on empty USB.
Step 4. Install Windows 10 from the USB flash drive on your new PC.
Step 5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Windows 10 installation.
How can I make USB bootable?
To create a bootable USB flash drive:
Step 1. Download and run the Media Creation Tool on the idle PC (connected to the internet).
Step 2. Create Windows Installation Media on empty USB.
Can I install Windows 10 using USB?
If you prefer to use the newer version, though, you can create and use a USB drive that runs Windows 10 directly. You will need a USB flash drive with at least 8GB of free space, but preferably 32GB. You will also need a license to activate Windows 10 on the USB drive.
How do I install Windows 10 from USB to SSD?
- Shut down your system. remove the old HDD and install the SSD - there should be only the SSD attached to your system during the installation process.
- Insert the Bootable Installation Media.
- Go into your BIOS and if SATA Mode is not set to AHCI, change it.